- 25 Mai 23
- 15:00 - 16:00
How to Solve Legacy OT Security Challenges?
Legacy OT (Operational Technology) systems often have unique security challenges due to their age, lack of updates, and proprietary protocols. In this Webinar we are speaking about some steps you can take to solve legacy OT security challenges:
• Conduct a risk assessment: Before implementing any security measures, it’s important to understand the specific risks associated with your legacy OT system. A risk assessment can help you identify vulnerabilities, threats, and potential impacts.
• Implement segmentation: Legacy OT systems are often connected to other networks, including the internet, which can increase their vulnerability to cyber-attacks. Implementing network segmentation can help to reduce the risk of attacks spreading to other systems.
• Update and patch: Although legacy systems can be difficult to update and patch, it’s important to do so whenever possible. This can include upgrading hardware and software, applying security patches, and disabling unnecessary services and protocols.
• Implement access controls: Limiting access to legacy OT systems is an important security measure. This can include using strong authentication mechanisms, restricting network access to authorized personnel, and implementing role-based access control.
• Monitor and log: Monitoring and logging can help you detect and respond to security incidents. This can include setting up intrusion detection systems, monitoring network traffic, and keeping audit logs of system activity.
• Conduct regular assessments: Regularly testing and assessing the security of your legacy OT systems can help you identify and address vulnerabilities before they are exploited. This can include conducting penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
Overall, securing legacy OT systems can be challenging, but taking these steps can help reduce the risk of cyber-attacks and protect critical infrastructure.